What Your Membership Accomplishes
There would be very little that we would have been able to accomplish over the last 32 years without our members and volunteers. We have many membership opportunities available for any private citizen or business who wishes to support the preservation of Benicia’s history. Here are some of the things your membership accomplishes:
Memberships help make it possible for the Museum to offer educational tours to Bay Area schools. Students are provided special docent-led tours of the Museum and Powder Magazine and reenactment hands-on activities that transport them back to the 1800’s.
Memberships make it possible for the Museum to preserve and service the 1850’s military sandstone buildings that house the Museum Complex, a California Historic Landmark which is also listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Memberships make it possible for the Museum to create and install new rotating and permanent exhibits with free opening receptions, provide cultural programs with speakers that focus on the history of the Benicia Arsenal, City of Benicia and the Bay Area, book presentations by local authors, and other fun free events for the whole family.
Memberships make it possible for the Museum to care for the collection of artifacts, documents, and photographs that are part of our permanent and temporary exhibits and to provide free online access to over 18,000 images. This collection is our main source of information about our precious heritage and local history.
In addition to helping the Museum membership benefits include:
• Free museum admission
• 10% discount on tickets for museum concert and other events
• 10% discount on Gift Shop merchandise
• Invitations to receptions, parties, and special events
• Stone Hall Venue rental discount of 15% (after 12 months of membership)
• Annual Member thank you party
• Quarterly Museum Newsletter “Camel Tracks”
This is all possible thanks to your contributions! We hope to see you soon at the Museum and at upcoming events!
The Museum is a nonprofit organization under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for charitable and public educational purposes. 501(c)(3)
You membership and all contributions are tax deductible.
Corporate Members of the Museum
Membership levels are prices are as follows:
- Senior (60 years or older) – $20
- Individual – $30
- Family (2 people and 2 one time use guest cards) – $50
- Supporting (2 people and 4 one time use guest cards) – $100
- Sustaining (2 people and 8 one time use quest cards and a copy of Images of America: Benicia) – $500
- Benefactor (2 people and 8 one time use quest cards and a copy of Images of America: Benicia) – $1,000
- Patron (2 company membership cards and 4 one time use guest cards) – $200
- Sponsor (2 company membership cards and 8 one time use guest cards and a copy of Images of America: Benicia) – $500
After completing the form, click here for online payment options or call the Museum for other payment options.