There would be very little that we would have been able to accomplish over the last 21 years without our members and volunteers. We have many membership opportunities available for any private citizen or business who wishes to support the preservation of Benicia’s history. All memberships give you free admission to the museum year round, a 15% discount off rental of Stone Hall after the first year of membership and 10% off any item in our gift shop. You will also receive our bi-monthly newsletter “Camel Tracks”.
Corporate Members of the Museum
The Benicia Historical Museum needs volunteers to assist with museum programs. Choose any of the volunteer positions below and get involved in the museum. You’re guaranteed to have some fun and meet new people. Your volunteer effort can be as little as a few hours a month. Click here to fill our online form!
- Ambassador – Be an ambassador for the education program. Give talks at clubs, schools, etc. To help raise funds and promote awareness of the museum education programs
- Construction – Special project construction and renovation activities.
- Exhibit / Collections Assistance – Assist our curators and collections managers with special projects.
- Fundraising – Assist museum coordinators with a variety of fundraising efforts including concerts, dinners, auctions, and exhibit openings.
- Group Tour Guide – Present the museum contents to adults or small mixed groups in an hour long tour. Training and support provided.
- Museum Docent – Greets visitors at the museum, answers questions, highlights new exhibits. If you like meeting new people, sign up today!
- School Group Guide – Present the museum to school groups. Focus on Benicia History, California History and other fun topics. School groups generally are elementary and middle school aged and visits mornings. Training and support provided.
- Special Talents – Tell us about special talents that you have which you think would be an asset to the museum.
- Traveling Trunk Program – The museum is continually preparing new traveling trunks for exhibit. If you would like to research and assist in the assembly of a small school exhibit, this is the program for you. Have fun researching a historical topic for exhibit.
If you would like to sign up for any of these volunteer programs, please fill out our online form and we will contact you shortly.