St. Augustine’s College c. 1878

Project Overview

Founded in 1868 by Dr. James Lloyd Breck as the Missionary College of St. Augustine and occupied the site of the former Benicia Collegiate Institute.  The school complex consisted of an infirmary, chapel, large dormitory, a gymnasium and a large Italianate house which was the residence of Bishop Wingfield who supervised St. Augustine’s and its sister school St. Mary’s of the Pacific.

St. Augustine's College c. 1878

St. Augustine’s College c. 1878

Project Details

Date : c. 1878

Client : St. Augustine's College