St. Mary’s of the Pacific c. 1870’s

Project Overview

One of the first big, elegant buildings in Benicia.   An example of the “Carpenter’s Gothic” architecture of the Victorian Era.  The school was established by Dr. Breck as a sister school to St. Augustine’s.  It was in operation until 1885 when high costs and its debt forced its closure.

St. Mary's of the Pacific c. 1870's

St. Mary’s of the Pacific c. 1870’s

Project Details

Date : c. 1870's

Client : St. Mary's of the Pacific