The Benicia Historical Museum needs volunteers to assist with museum programs. There are lots of different opportunities to help at the Museum. You’re guaranteed to have some fun and meet new people.
- Group Tour Guide – Present the museum contents to adults or small mixed groups in an hour long tour. Training and support provided.
- School Group Guide – Present the museum to school groups with three stations: Museum tour, Powder Magazine tour, and Reenactment Hands-on Activities. Focus on Benicia History, California History and other fun topics. School groups generally are elementary students that come on weekday mornings. Training and support provided.
- Archives Assistance – Work with the curatorial team accessioning, photographing, and cataloging artifacts from Benicia’s past. Training and support provided.
- Fundraising – Assist museum coordinators with a variety of fundraising efforts including concerts, dinners, auctions, and exhibit openings.
- Special Events – The Museum participates in the annual Benicia Independence Day Parade as well as hosting other on site events. Tell us about any special events that you would be interested in helping with.