MAKE YOUR NEXT EVENT HISTORIC
Benicia Historical Museum
A Classic Event Venue In California
An Event to Remember
The Perfect Venue For Your Next Event
Inspire & Impress
Choosing the Benicia Historical Museum for your next event will inspire your guests in a way no other venue can. Situated in the Historic Benicia Arsenal, the museum complex provides your guests with an unparalleled opportunity to appreciate something special. Host your event surrounded by original 1850s military buildings with a unique industrial style that lends itself to any event you choose. Let the historic architecture complement your personal aesthetic and create your perfect venue at the Benicia Historical Museum.
Why Choose Our Historic Venue?
Event venues with such character and profound heritage are few and far between. Your event will be unforgettable within the walls of our very own Stone Hall or the elegant Spenger Gardens. Sure to ignite creativity and bring about lasting memories for you and your guests, the Benicia Historical Museum is the perfect setting for an extraordinary time together.
Weave your story with ours and become part of our proud history.
All rentals require a deposit to reserve and hold the requested date.
Holiday and peak season pricing may vary.
We have several beautiful rental spaces available for your next event. The photos below will give you a better sense of all we have to offer, and will also outline the capacity of each rental area.
Stone Hall services 150 seated guests and up to 300 for activities that do not require formal seating.
Spenger Memorial Garden services up to 150 guests with ceremony seating.
Gallery maximum capacity is 75 guests for a standing cocktail reception-style event.
You may wish to review our floorplans to help in selecting the best space for your needs. We also have a downloadable PDF file that outlines this information. Tours of our facilities are available by appointment. Please inquire with the contact form at the bottom of this page.
How much does it cost to rent Stone Hall, Spenger Garden, or the museum gallery?
There is no exact answer to that since your event is completely customizable. Please reference the list of options found inside the section titled “Rental Rates”. Regardless of your rental, there is a $400 refundable (after your event providing there was no damage to the hall, garden, or gallery spaces) damage deposit due at the time you book your event and there is a $400 janitorial cleaning fee.
Do you require the use of approved vendors?
No, we do not. Feel free to choose the caterer, event production company, rental company, or lighting company of your choice.
Is alcohol allowed onsite?
Yes. If you are selling alcohol you will need to provide insurance coverage and a liquor license.
Do you require event insurance?
Yes, all our event rentals are required to provide event insurance. The certificate needs to be turned into the museum prior to your event setup.
Can we have live music?
Yes, absolutely. We welcome live music or a DJ at our museum. We are not subject to noise ordinance restrictions in the arsenal.
Do you offer discounts on rentals?
We offer a 15% rental discount to paid Museum members. If you are interested in membership, please click here. We do not offer a Benicia resident discount.
Do you have cooking facilities?
We have a prep kitchen only. We do not have cooking facilities.
Is there power or lighting in Spenger Garden?
There are outlets around the perimeter of the garden space. We do not have permanent garden lighting which allows you to customize your rental experience and make it as exclusive as you like.
Venue Booking Rates
Venue Booking Rates
- Stone Hall and Spenger Garden Event (Non-member): $300.00 Per Hour
- Stone Hall and Spenger Garden Event (Member): $255.00 Per Hour
- Stone Hall and Spenger Garden Event (Non-Profit): $275.00 Per Hour
- Museum Gallery in addition to Stone Hall and Spenger Garden: $150.00 Per Hour
- Museum Gallery ONLY: $175.00 Per Hour (Defined as Cocktail Reception-Style Event)
- Corporate Meeting Rate (Stone Hall Only): $500.00 Daily Flat Rate
Note: Add-Ons, Cleaning Fees, etc. are not included in these prices. Prices are based on 4-hour minimums unless otherwise stated.
For booking, please fill out the form below or call us at (707) 745-5435.
- Laptop $100.00
- Digital Projector $100.00
- Lectern with Mic $50.00
- Projector Screens 7’ X 4’ — (Quantity = 1) $100
- Projector Screens 4’ X 6’ — (Quantity = 4) $20 ea.
Tables and Chairs:
- Indoor Chairs — Quantity Available 153 $1.00 each
- Outdoor Chairs — Quantity Available 94 $1.00 each
- 72” Round/6’ Tables — Quantity Available 15 $8.00 each
- 8’ Rectangular Tables — Quantity Available 6 $6.00 each
- 6’ Rectangular Tables — Quantity Available 11 $4.00 each
- 4’ Rectangular Tables — Quantity Available 2 $2.00 each
- 4’ Card Tables — Quantity Available 2 $2.00 each
- Standing–height Cocktail tables — Quantity Available 3 $2.00 each
- Seated–height Cocktail tables — Quantity Available 4 $2.00 each
- Tablecloths, Ivory or Burgundy — Available for round and rectangular tables (price includes cleaning fee) $18.00 each
- 6 ½’ Rolling Bar $20.00
- Easel (wood flower type) — Quantity Available 10 $3.00 each
I had my wedding here. . . And let me just say it was incredible.”
– Nicole O.
“The Benicia Historical Museum is a gem!
– PJS Barb
“… beautiful gazebo for wedding portraits.
– Che H
It was a wonderful venue. The museum staff were fantastic, flexible, and very easy to work with.
– Richard F.